Wednesday 4 November 2015

Experimenting with type- Witty

I wanted to display a variation in design surrounding the word witty. Therefore I primarily looked at creating a sharp typeface, considering stroke width to connotate light and dark humour. I also experimented with negative space in order to create a bespoke design. Overall my favourite design idea is the first type on the second line. Although vast alteration needs to be applied towards it before completion, I believe that it has the basis to promote a sharp, alternative typeface that enhances the text it's expressing. Factors I will consider when developing it further include stroke width, kerning and also the widening of the overall letterforms. I will also attempt to create a sharper atmosphere surrounding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment