Tuesday 1 March 2016

Welsh books



To gather a greater understanding surrounding Welsh books already available on the market, I decided to conduct some research upon their general aesthetic. I found that the colours green and gold were widely used, mainly due to their relevance to the Welsh landscape. Typical celtic fonts were also used with a large relevance to serif types. Serifs have been used in order to convey heritage and history, factors in which I feel important to express within my design. Key illustrations used were also that of the celtic cross, a symbol that strongly resembles the welsh community.  This may be a route in which I experiment. The design in which uses photography expresses a realistic insight into welsh history an element in which I personally feel sets aside this design from the others, in turn expressing a greater hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment