Thursday 24 March 2016

First drawings


Looking at my research I began to develop some initial concepts in which I noted, I did this in order to separate strong and weak ideas. 







I began to think about how artwork may be displayed within the exhibit, and how the monopoly theme could infiltrate this. Key concepts in which I felt to be strong were that of displaying the walls as place cards, naming the streets specifically to fit with the theme. Another of my favourite ideas was to place life size counters across the exhibit. These pieces would then be transferable as the consumer would be able to move them, and take photos of them. A factor I feel important to get the exhibit noticed.





I developed a quick response to that of invites, focusing upon the basic structure of the board game. Working closely with my research I explored multiple ways in which this may be approached. With unconventional methods, such as a dice format being explored. I found the designs in which mimicked the board game felt most satisfying due to the intertextual reference you gather from them, relating to the fun aspect of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment