Saturday 26 March 2016

Crit with Danny



After my crit with the second years I decided to ask Danny about some questions in which I would like to gather a greater understanding upon. 

As each page would have an acetate overlay there is no possible way in which to construct the book without using individual pieces rather than spreads. Due to this I was unsure what binding methods I could use, with danny suggesting that of a japanese fold or industrial clips. When researching industrial clips I found that they appeared much more suiting to that of a book in which has a similar context, and due to this I feel it would not work effectively with my celtic theme. As the japanese fold looks much more traditional I feel that this would definitely follow the book's concept further. I will also explore different ways in which to construct the book, focusing specifically on celtic tradition. 

As I would have an overlay of each page I was unsure whether this contributed to the page count, and thus I discussed this with Danny. He stated that it was my decision whether to include the overlays as pages  not. As I am currently unaware of how to tackle this I will complete some sketches displaying layouts in which would mimic these approaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment