Thursday 19 October 2017

2nd Meeting Wednesday 18th October

Myself and Amy met up a week after our last discussion about the project. By this time I had gained a greater understanding upon packaging and material structure, whilst awaiting Amy's illustrations. As this would not be my usual process I felt this somewhat difficult, as each project I undergo has a similar structure. RESEARCH-IDEAS-DRAWINGS-CRIT-FINAL IDEA-FINAL OUtCOME

As I have not been physically developing something the past week, I felt that this has left me at a sort of a limbo, unsure upon my next movement. Although I believe that this will alter once Amy sends me her illustrations.

At the meeting we discussed an array of things. As Amy developed some water coloured style patterns all of a similar hue, it was discussed whether we could edit these on photoshop in order to express different hues for different products. In turn allowing the products to appear part of a set, yet distinctive. All the patterns developed were mainly blue and green and thus it was suggested that it may be beneficial if white variations were developed for that of the coconut product.

Myself and Amy also discussed the products structure. This highlighting that the products should be a range of heights and sizes in order to keep the consumer interested in the product. It was also suggested that boxes should be developed for each of the pieces.


Aims for the following week: 

As I am starting my placement on the following Tuesday (24th October), it was decided that Amy would get all of the patterns to myself for Monday (23rd) so that I have time to explore with them before applying them to the structure. 

Evidently as I will be completing my placement, this project may be slower than originally intended, but I aim to complete 1-2 jours each evening after the placement completing work for this/COP.   



No comments:

Post a Comment